June 5, 2006

KING 5 Sponsors 13th Annual Komen Puget Sound Race for the Cure

SEATTLE, WA -- KING 5 Television is a proud sponsor of the 2006 Komen Puget Sound Race for the Cure. The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation is a global leader in the fight against breast cancer. This year, the 13th annual fundraising walk/run is on Saturday, June 17th at Qwest Field and Events Center. The race gathers more than 15,000 runners and walkers for the 5k and 1k event.

KING 5 News Anchor Jean Enersen will emcee Race activities in addition to reporting in live news cut-ins with Race attendees and guests during KING 5 Morning News.

In 2005, the local Race for the Cure raised over 1.2 million dollars for breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment. 75% of the funds raised through the race remain in the region. The remaining 25% is invested into the Komen Foundation's national research program, which funds breakthrough breast cancer research at the national level.

About Belo
KING 5 is part of Belo Corp., one of the nation's largest media companies with a diversified group of market-leading television, newspaper, cable and interactive media assets. A Fortune 1000 company with 7,700 employees and $1.5 billion in annual revenues, Belo operates in some of America's most dynamic markets in Texas, the Northwest, the Southwest, Rhode Island, and the Mid-Atlantic. Belo owns 19 television stations, six of which are in the 15 largest U.S. broadcast markets. The Company also owns or operates seven cable news channels and manages one television station through a local marketing agreement. Belo's daily newspapers are The Dallas Morning News, The Providence Journal, The Press-Enterprise (Riverside, CA) and the Denton Record-Chronicle (Denton, TX). The Company also publishes specialty publications targeting young adults and the fast-growing Hispanic market, including Quick and Al Dia in Dallas/Fort Worth, and El D and La Prensa in Riverside. Belo operates more than 30 Web sites associated with its operating companies. Additional information is available at www.belo.com or by contacting Carey Hendrickson, vice president/Investor Relations & Corporate Communications, at 214-977-6626.