December 14, 2006
WHAS Crusade for Children Launches Baby Calendar
Louisville, KY --The WHAS Crusade for Children will create a 15-month calendar starting October, 2007. The contest is open to babies who are no older than 18-months-old by June 1, 2007.
"We're looking for all those parents and grandparents out there to enter their babies," said Rebecca Jackson, WHAS Crusade for Children CEO. "The babies who bring in the most votes in donations will be seen in a beautiful color calendar."
As baby photos are submitted, they will be seen on the Crusade's Web site, www.WHASCrusade.org. People then vote for their favorite baby by sending in donations to the Crusade. The baby with the most donations (votes) will appear on the calendar cover. The baby with the second most donations will appear on his or her favorite month. Third place will choose his or her month and so on until all months are filled. All donations benefit the WHAS Crusade for Children.
The Crusade will have professional photos taken of each baby and those are the photos that will appear in the calendar.
All entrants must fill out forms found on the Crusade's Web site and mail them in. Forms can also be mailed to parents by calling the Crusade office at (502) 582-7706.
Those interested, must send in one (1) baby photo or CD containing one (1) baby photo. The photo will not be returned. Then mail the photo, Baby Calendar Release Form, Baby Calendar Entry Form and $25 entry fee to:
WHAS Crusade for Children
P. O. Box 1100
Louisville , KY 40201
Photos and entry forms must be received between December 13, 2006 and 4:00pm (ET) April 13, 2007. Questions can be answered by calling (502) 582-7706.
Baby Calendar Official Rules
1. The WHAS Crusade for Children will create a 15-month calendar starting October, 2007.
2. The contest is open to babies who are no older than 18-months-old by June 1, 2007.
3. One baby photo or CD containing baby photo must be submitted and will not be returned.
4. Parent(s) must sign a release form allowing use of baby's image when photo is submitted.
5. Photos must be received between December 13, 2006 and 4:00pm (ET) April 13, 2007.
6. All baby photos will be posted on www.WHASCrusade.org.
7. The Crusade will photograph each baby for calendar publication.
8. Winners will be determined by the largest monetary donation (voting by contribution).
9. All donations must be received by 4:00pm (ET) May 24, 2007.
10. The winner will be featured on the calendar cover.
11. The second place winner gets first choice of a specific month.
12. The third place winner gets second choice of a specific month.
13. The fourth through 16th winners will get choice of the remaining months.
14. The winners finishing 17th and beyond will get choice of specific days in the year.
15. Calendars will be sold beginning fall 2007.
About the WHAS Crusade for Children
The WHAS Crusade for Children, Inc. established in 1954 by WHAS-TV, raises money for schools, agencies and hospitals to better the lives of special needs children. In its first 53 years, the Crusade has raised more than $118 million.
Thanks to generous contributions of goods and services, the Crusade is able to return 100% of all donations to organizations that serve special needs children in all 120 Kentucky counties and more than 50 southern Indiana counties. Fire departments raise more than 50 percent of the money each year by staging road blocks and other events.
Approximately 3 million children have been helped by the Crusade since 1954.
The WHAS Crusade for Children, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) public charity. Gifts are tax-deductible as permitted by law. The Crusade is the most successful and oldest local telethon in America.
Donations to the WHAS Crusade for Children can be made securely online at www.WHASCrusade.org or call (502) 582-7706.
Belo Corp. is one of the nation's largest media companies with a diversified group of market-leading television, newspaper, cable and interactive media assets. A Fortune 1000 company with 7,400 employees and more than $1.5 billion in annual revenues, Belo operates in some of America's most dynamic markets in Texas, the Northwest, the Southwest, the Mid-Atlantic and Rhode Island. Belo owns 19 television stations, six of which are in the 15 largest U.S. broadcast markets. The Company also owns or operates seven cable news channels and manages one television station through a local marketing agreement. Belo's daily newspapers are The Dallas Morning News, The Providence Journal, The Press-Enterprise (Riverside, CA) and the Denton Record-Chronicle (Denton, TX). The Company also publishes specialty publications targeting young adults, and the fast-growing Hispanic market, including Quick and Al Dia in Dallas/Fort Worth, and El D and La Prensa in Riverside. Belo operates more than 30 Web sites associated with its operating companies. Additional information is available at www.belo.com or by contacting Carey Hendrickson, vice president/Investor Relations & Corporate Communications, at 214-977-6626.