May 22, 2007
WHAS11NEWS Received Five Emmy Nominations from the NATAS Ohio Valley Chapter
Louisville , KY - The 2007 NATAS Ohio Valley Chapter Emmy nominations were announced last week and WHAS11NEWS received five nominations delivering in the categories the station has committed itself to covering on a daily basis.
WHAS11NEWS received three nominations in the Breaking News category.
- " Comair Crash" Producer Mike Jantzen, Executive Producer Wes Finley
- " David Camm Trial" Assistant News Director Caroline Imler, Producer Laci Comer, Reporter Kerri Richardson, Executive Producer Wes Finley
- " Warehouse Fire" Assistant News Director Caroline Imler, Executive producer Wes Finley
- WHAS11NEWS Anchor/Reporter Rachel Platt received an Emmy nomination for her story on the "Marine Baby."
- WHAS11NEWS also received a nomination in the category of "Special Achievement: News Excellence."
Congratulations to the nominees and to everyone at the station for their dedication to excellence!
WHAS11NEWS is part of Belo Corp., one of the nation's largest media companies with a diversified group of market-leading television, newspaper, cable and interactive media assets. A Fortune 1000 company with 7,100 employees and more than $1.6 billion in annual revenues, Belo operates in some of America's most dynamic markets in Texas, the Northwest, the Southwest, the Mid-Atlantic and Rhode Island. Belo owns 20 television stations, six of which are in the 15 largest U.S. broadcast markets. The Company also owns or operates seven cable news channels and manages one television station through a local marketing agreement. Belo's daily newspapers are The Dallas Morning News, The Providence Journal, The Press-Enterprise (Riverside, CA) and the Denton Record-Chronicle (Denton, TX). The Company also publishes specialty publications targeting young adults, and the fast-growing Hispanic market, including Quick and Al D a in Dallas/Fort Worth, and El D and La Prensa in Riverside. Belo operates more than 30 Web sites associated with its operating companies. Additional information is available at www.belo.com or by contacting Kirk Szesny, Director of Marketing and Creative Services at 502-582-7870.